The Restaurant Loss Prevention and Security Association (RLPSA) held its fifth regional RLPSA CONNECT workshop on November 2, at the Chick-fil-A headquarters in Atlanta. The room was packed with not only big brands, but local franchisees as well.
RLPSA’s regional event is networking at its finest, and with more than 80 restaurant representatives sharing challenges and solutions with each other, collaboration was the theme of the day. The
mission of RLPSA’s CONNECT events is to bring together local and national restaurant representatives to build long-term, productive relationships to help each other decrease loss, protect people, and grow profits within their respective organizations.
Rocco Prate, president of the RLPSA, and Karen Bremer, the CEO of the Georgia Restaurant Association (GRA), welcomed the group to Atlanta. Bremer provided a brief recap of the restaurant business in Atlanta and initiatives that the GRA is tackling. Presentations included:
• Tackling Phone Scams that are Costing Us Millions – by Bill Ball from McDonald’s, and Bret Kirby, Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Community Policing Best Practices – by Sergeant Thomas Atzert of Crime Stoppers of Greater Atlanta
• Outsmart Crime: CAP Index – Regional QSR Crime Statistics Update – by Basia Pietrawska, VP of crime intelligence analytics for CAP Index
• Best Practices for Presenting Cases & Preparing for Court – by John Melvin, Chief Assistant District Attorney, Cobb County District Attorney's Office
• Heroin & Opiate Epidemic: Vagrancy Challenges and Solutions – by Detective Laura Steele, Snellville City Police Department
• Executing Loss Prevention with the Chick-fil-A Culture – by Lindsey Fox, Lead Analyst, Restaurant Financial Services, Chick-fil-A
“We’re excited these regional events are bringing together all types of brands for productive collaboration and partnership,” said Rocco Prate, president of RLPSA and Regional Safety and Security Manager for The Wendy’s Company. “Some attendees included restaurants that were not yet aware of our mission, so we’re excited to be spreading the incomparable value of RLPSA and our initiatives.”
The day concluded with a power-house panel of industry veterans talking about the hottest topics they are tackling. The panel featured Cheryl Dick, Senior Director, Enterprise Protection Services, Van Carney, National Director, Safety and Loss Prevention, Domino’s, and Adam Fulton, Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Cracker Barrel.
A day of education isn’t complete without a networking reception sponsored by CAP Index. RLPSA thanks sponsors for this event, including InstaKey, Guardian Protection Services, Off Duty Services, Stanley Security and ATHOS.
Visit www.rlpsa.com for the next RLPSA CONNECT event in early 2018.